12:30 – 5:00 PM Pre-Conference Excursions — Discover the ‘Un-Gym’ Experience!
Life Time Fitness will be whisking attendees away for the ultimate in health, fitness, sports and rejuvenation at Life Time and see how it is far from your typical “club” or “gym.” During the excursion event, participants will have the opportunity to experience three of Life Time’s Signature Group Fitness formats, including Evolution Cycle, T.R.X. and Yoga. Each session will be 30 minutes. Afterwards, guests will enjoy delicious items from Life Time’s LifeCafe that are made with only real, wholesome ingredients — free of artificial additives. Don’t miss out on this entertaining and educational event that’s sure to be the perfect start to your Fitbloggin’ weekend! Check out the details!
6:00 – 9:00 PM Registration & Evening Reception — “Staying Healthy While Flipping Burgers and Serving Beers”: We will visit Scotty’s Brewhouse, a short walk from the hotel, to hear from owner Scott Wise about his efforts to keep his employees and patrons healthy while operating a brewpub. We’ll have a registration table, private room and appetizers will be provided – drinks are on your own. Map your walk to Scotty’s
6:30 – 9:30 AM – Breakfast provided by Siggis Dairy (Indiana E)
7:00 AM + Registration — Register this morning if you didn’t arrive last night (Indiana E Foyer)
7:30 - 8:30 AM Early Morning Fitness Session —Train like a celebrity with Valerie Waters, creator of the Red Carpet Ready Bootcamp, and fitness trainer to stars like Jennifer Garner, Poppy Montgomery and Elizabeth Berkley. The session includes a one-hour workout led by Val featuring her signature Valslides®. This amazing opportunity is brought to you by the California Fig industry. (Indiana FG)
9:00 – 9:15 AM Conference Opens — (Indiana E)
9:15 – 10:00 AM Keynote Speaker — Lisa Delaney will be with us to talk about not only her personal fitness journey but how we can take our words or experiences and influence others – . (Indiana E)
10:00 – 11:00 AM How to Influence Your Community to Achieve Fitness & Health — Hear from a panel of successful writers, bloggers, social media users, and fitness professionals about the central tenet of why FitBloggin’ exists – how to influence your community to achieve their fitness and health goals. Moderated by David Garcia, our panel consists of Registered Dietitian Dawn Jackson Blatner, Martinus Evans of 300 Pounds and Running, and Tyler Miller of Force Barbell. (Indiana E)
11:00 - 12:00 PM Fitness Session with Sworkit — Booty Burning is never a bad idea! (Indiana FG)
12:00 - 2:00 PM Lunch Break — Consider heading to Georgia Street between Capitol Avenue and Illinois Street for Food Truck Friday, an Indianapolis institution. See walking map!
2:00 – 3:00 PM Breakout Sessions — Select One to Attend
- Ditching the Emotional Baggage That’s Keeping You Fat (Weight Loss & Management Track) — Losing weight won’t be permanent if you harbor negative beliefs about yourself. Hear from a Naturopathic Physician on identifying and eliminating emotional barriers that hinder weight loss. SPEAKER: Dr. Pamela Reilly (Indiana AB)
- Be a Consistent Blogger…Forever (Blogging & Social Media Track) — Ten fool-proof tips and tricks to be the consistent blogger you have always wanted to be. Posting more often is the key to growth, so learn how to never lose your “blogging mojo.” SPEAKER: Schnelle Acevedo (Indiana CD)
3:00 – 3:15 PM Break
3:15 – 4:15 PM Breakout Sessions — Select One to Attend
- Super Simple SEO (Blogging & Social Media Track) — Session will cover the basics of how the Google algorithm works, why blogs are gaining more search traffic than ever, and actionable steps to gain traffic for your posts through search. SPEAKER: Jessica Woodbury (Indiana AB)
- Sign the Dotted Line – Contract Law for Bloggers (Business & Career Track) — Learn what you should be looking for in your contracts with brands, fellow bloggers, and websites for which you produce content. We will look at actual contract examples. SPEAKER: Elizabeth Bain (Indiana CD)
4:15 – 6:00 PM Reception & Expo — Have a drink, network, socialize, and meet our sponsors. Try wines from Oliver Winery, Indiana-based and one of the largest wineries on the East Coast, which will be serving its Orchard Stand wines. (Indiana E)
6:00 PM Dinner on your own
6:30 – 9:30 AM – Breakfast provided by Siggis Dairy (Indiana E)
7:30 - 8:30 AM Fitness Session with Life Time Fitness — It’s time to get a taste of the exclusive fitness experiences found only at Life Time during the Life Time Group Fitness Mashup at Fitbloggin’, featuring amazing products from our partners at SPRI. Life Time’s Group Fitness programming has something for everyone with dynamic and exclusive classes that are custom-designed by national fitness leaders and led by nationally-certified instructors. This fitness session is an exclusive opportunity to experience a mashup of some of Life Time’s best and most popular formats, including Strictly Strength, Kickboxing and many more, using high-end equipment from SPRI. Don’t miss this motivating and inspiring fitness session to kick off your final day at Fitbloggin’! (Indiana FG)
9:00 - 10:00 AM Small Group Discussions – Select One to Attend — But feel free to move from one discussion to another within the hour.
- Pulling Yourself Back on the Weight Loss Wagon — Tips and tricks to turn around a bad day, week, month, or year. What do you do when you plateau, hit a wall, or even slide into reverse during your weight loss journey? Join and learn from this conversation. MODERATOR: David Garcia (Florida)
- What Need for Speed? Being a Slow Runner — Slower runners can come together to discuss strategies for picking a race that will be supportive of our speed, building endurance for long runs, embracing last place, and (gasp!) what if you want to run faster? MODERATOR: Jill Grunenwald (Illinois) (Michigan)
10:00 – 10:15 AM Break
10:15 – 11:15 AM Small Group Discussions – Select One to Attend — But feel free to move from one discussion to another within the hour.
- Your Weight Loss Journey – The Highs and Lows — Weight loss and weight maintenance are a journey that does not take place on a level curve but rather with daily, weekly, and monthly highs and lows. Be prepared to listen and share. MODERATOR: Angela Gillis (Florida)
- Fitness for the Minority Population — Explore how the culture of minority populations affects their beliefs and practices on healthy living, diet, and exercise. We’ll also discuss how to communicate with minority communities. MODERATOR: Shera Strange (Michigan)
11:15 – 11:30 PM Break
11:30 - 12:30 PM Zumba Session — The most highly-anticipated and attended fitness session of the conference! (Indiana FG)
12:30 - 2:00 PM Lunch Break
2:00 – 3:00 PM Breakout Sessions – Select One to Attend
- I.L.L.U.M.I.N.A.T.E.- Ten Pillars For Overcoming Any Setback — Kristin Meekhof, tragically, is a pro at overcoming setback. She was born in South Korea, left on the street as an infant, found by a passerby, and four months later adopted by her parents. When she was 33, her husband (a teacher and veteran) of four years was diagnosed with advanced adrenal cancer and died eight weeks later. Kristin will share her story and tips with the audience. She is a runner, yogi, author and writer. SPEAKER: Kristin Meekhof. (Indiana AB)
- 25 Smartphone Video Tips, Tricks, and Tactics You Can Use Today — We all know video was the next big thing about ten years ago. But ten years later, most blogs still have little to no video and video is only just entering social media in a mainstream way. Learn to to shoot, edit, and use video without requiring tons of time or knowledge. SPEAKER: Rocky Walls (Indiana CD)
3:00 – 3:15 PM Break
3:15 – 4:15 PM Breakout Sessions – Select One to Attend
- Pitch Brands and Price Services for Success (Business & Career Track) — Hear how bloggers and online influencers can best pitch themselves for paid opportunities. SPEAKER: Jamie King (Indiana AB)
- How to Train the Muscle Between Your Ears (Food, Health, & Fitness Track) — Learn creative ways to make fitness a habit, stay inspired, and remain motivated even when you don’t feel like it. SPEAKER: Steve Carmichael (Indiana CD)
4:15 – 4:30 PM Break
4:30 – 5:30 PM Emotionally Healthy Living — Eat well, sleep enough, exercise – we all know what it takes to maintain health, but do we manage our stress, invest in our relationships, and practice the habits most important to emotional health? This session will discuss four key components of staying emotionally healthy (contentment, good relationships, self-appreciation, and stress management) in terms of your health, fitness, body image, and more. SPEAKER: Brooke Randolph, LMHC (Indiana E)
5:30 PM Conference Close – (Indiana E)
8:00 – 9:30 AM Fun Run/Walk — Choose from one of two routes and speeds, with groups led by the professional tour guides at Active Indy. We will wrap up the run with a light outdoor breakfast for the group. Juice, bagels, bananas and yogurt will be provided.
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Bicycle Tour of Indy — Downtown Indianapolis is entirely walkable but even better is to be on a bike. Join the professional bicycle tour guides at Active Indy on a two-hour, casually-paced bike tour of the city. The tour itself is free but bike rental is $20/person. Attendees will receive further information and the chance to RSVP via email.