Last month our founder and leader, Roni Noone, posted this message to the FitBloggin’ Facebook group:
I’ve been planning FitBloggin’ since 2010. Never in a MILLION years did I think it would ever be more than a one-day meet up in Baltimore. Five years later here I am, planning our 6th event.
Around this time every year I tell myself it will be our last. The financial stress of committing to a venue, the responsibility to the sponsors, the logistical juggling act of almost 100 speakers and volunteers is just too much.
… every year I see all your smiling faces,
… every year I laugh so hard I pee (more than once — no lie),
… every year I cry as I watch people connect, overcome fears, grow, share and learn.
And I happily sign us up to do it all over again.
This year, however, it’s become too much.
We at FitBloggin’ are super pleased to announce a new partnership with Zephyr Adventures starting in 2016.
Zephyr Adventures is a small company based in Montana that has been running active tours around the world since 1997 and was one of the first companies to create a niche blogging conference. They started the Wine Bloggers Conference in 2008 and now run five conferences each year in the wine, food, and beer worlds. They even did a 3 year stint of running a Fit Social conference.
Roni will still be involved in the conference but won’t have to bear the workload or the financial stress of organizing every year solo. Plus, Zephyr Adventures was the perfect partner for FitBloggin!
- They are super keen on keeping the traditions and identity of FitBloggin’.
- They have formed an advisory board of past attendees to guide them in the process of conference planning.
- They are very good at asking for and using feedback. Click here to fill out the FitBloggin’ Alumni Survey if you have attended a conference in the past.
- Zephyr is a pro at organizing tours and events and we hope this will help the flow of future conferences.
- They have great contacts in the wine, food, and beer space hopefully leading to additional fun sponsors!
In short, it was a very difficult decision but a necessary one to allow FitBloggin’ to move forward. The 2015 conference is full steam ahead and Zephyr Adventures is already involved in planning FitBloggin’16. We’ll share more about Zephyr Adventures next month so you get to know them and meet some of the crew in Denver this June!
Thank you for supporting FitBloggin’. The best health, wellness, and fitness conference wouldn’t be the best without our awesome community of bloggers.