I am beyond excited to announce this year’s keynote presentation or should I say presentations.
If you are unfamiliar, Ignite is a geek event in more than 100 cities worldwide. Ignite presenters share their personal and professional passions, using 20 slides that auto-advance every 15 seconds for a total of just 5 minutes. This year FitBloggin’ is hosting an official Ignite FItness as our keynote event, and we are looking for 14 people to present on topics in the tech/geek/fitness/body image/weight loss/running/blogging/social media realm. Basically, anything FitBloggin’ relevant is welcome.
Here’s an example from our Ignite host and emcee, Kia…
Here’s the deal…
- 14 speakers presenting on a subject of their choice. Each speaker has exactly 5 minutes to teach something, enlighten or inspire us. They will be backed by 20 slides auto-advancing every 15 seconds. The idea is quick, fun and smart.
- 7 of the 14 presentations will be selected by FitBloggin’ attendees through a voting process and 7 will be selected by the FitBloggin’ organizers.
- Everyone is welcome to apply. Simply click here to fill out this application. All speakers will get a free conference pass.
A few rules…
- Do NOT use this opportunity to sell a product or simply promote your blog. We are looking for fun, creative, educational, entertaining and inspirational topics.
- There is no changing of the format. You will only have 5 minutes to present with 20 slides auto-advancing every 15 seconds. That’s is. End of story. No questions asked.
- Your session will be recorded. It is a requirement from the Ignite team.
- Only apply if you are comfortable with the format and willing to attend the conference. A conference pass will be given to speakers but all other expenses are your responsibility.
If you are interested in applying, watch this video on how to give Ignite talks. It’s informative and a great example at the same time…
Applications no longer accepted
Submissions will be open until 12pm noon EST on Tuesday May 1st.
FitBloggin’ will then select 7 presentations and voting will select 7.
Speakers will be notified by June 1.
For more examples, click here to visit the Ignite showcase.
Kae Ramey says
That's awesome, ignite is so much fun!! (not that I'll be there, but maybe you'll videotape?) 🙂
Kris @krazy_kris says
These are SOOOOOO fun! Thanks Roni & Kia!
That's awesome, unfortunately this conference falls over my wedding anniversary and is on the opposite side of the country. But wow, I'd love to speak!
Yes Kae, there will be video 😀
This is SO great! Such a cool idea and format. I am putting on my thinking cap to help chisel my story 🙂
Tim Woodbury says
Definitely a great idea. I've seen a few of these presentations and they're always very creative. I'll be giving this a good think, and am looking forward to see what everyone comes up with.
Sara Rosso says
I'm still hoping to make FB happen this year – I'll start thinking of an Ignite topic! Love this format 🙂
Karol Martinez says
Will you be opening up Ignite Fitness to non-FitBlogging participants? In order words, do you have to register for FitBlogging conference to attend the Ignite Fitness?
Will you be opening up Ignite Fitness to non-FitBlogging participants? Yes.
do you have to register for FitBlogging conference to attend the Ignite Fitness? No, if you are selected you will get a free speaker pass to the entire event.