Do you know how video can help your blog?? The Sky’s the limit with tips from Jendi Pagano.
The statistics are exciting and are waiting for you to leverage them!!
– People communicate 7% by words and 55% by body language.
– People retain 10% of what they read and 20% of they hear and 50% of what they read and hear.
– Video gives a 53% better chance of being on first on a google search with video
– 52% of people that watch a video will take action after watching it – remember to have a call to action
Are you interested in adding video to your blog or creating a new community from video?
What you need to start (Hardware):
- Recording device – Jendi loves the Kodak Zi8
- Microphone – any device ~$20 is sufficient
What you need (Software):
- Start with what you have Movie maker or iMovie
- Next steps: Pinnacle, Corel, Adobe (MSFT) Final Cut Express, Sony Vegas (MAC)
Jendi’s Top Recording Tips:
- Look Presentable – One chance to make a first impression – be yourself!
- Have a blog in addition to your YouTube channel
- Background – nothing that distracts & a background that supports your expertise
- Timing – 2 to 4 minutes is the ideal. Break it up if longer.
- Call to action – Subscribe, leave a comment
- Stability – easier to watch
- Content – Education + Entertainment = Success
- Lighting – desk lamps that swivel are good tools
- Audio – Most important item for your viewers!
Where do you start with – what do you talk about –
- Intro/Welcome – who are you?
- Product Demo – do a DRY run to be sure you know how to use it
- Video Blog
Editing – don’t let it intimidate you. It will really increase your quality.
Music – search for “free royalty free music” and check the terms. Istock has some great video and pictures you can utilize.
Video hosts – you don’t need to pay for the storage on your own site and can build a second community at the same time as your blog. Top sites: Youtube, Blip.tv, Vimeo, Viddler, Momtv
Getting over your Top Fears:
1. Fear of Image – Start small to build practice and comfort
2. Fear of Technology – Start with what you have web cam, handycam
*************TIPS AND TRICKS FOR YOUR VLOGGING!!!***********
- Use what you have for video options – just get started!
- Leverage the tutorials on your new camera or software
- Be aware of people in the background if you are shooting video in a public location
- Make others laugh
- Watch your own videos – the entire way through before you post. If you can’t sit through it, your followers won’t.
- Try one new thing at a time
- Don’t be afraid to pause
- Talk about passionate topics to you – It’s contagious!
- Find a community – share your embed codes with other like minded individuals, blogs, and brands!
- Start with your blog address url in the YouTube posts
There is something you can find in each and every post – video or words – that you want to do differently. The biggest message of the session is to just get started!
Blogging recap provided by Amy at AmyBurford.com