FitBloggin’ is proud to announce our latest sponsor, Coach’s Oats!
Everyone attending the conference will be recieving a sample of this amazing oatmeal in their gift bags. Unfamiliar with Coach’s? Here are a few facts…
- Traditional steel cut oats take about 30 minutes to cook on the stove (only). Coach’s Oats can be made in 3 to 5 minutes on the stove or in the microwave.
- Coach’s toast the whole grain oats to bring the natural sugar to the surface then crack them.
- Bake with Coach’s Oats! Traditional steel cut oats need to be pre-soaked or cooked before baking. Coach’s do not.
- Coach’s was invented by Coach Lynn Rogers and Bonnie Rogers. Their first Christmas as newlyweds Coach and Bonnie wanted to make their friends a home cooked breakfast. They loved traditional steel cut oats, but didn’t like the time it took to make them. After many trial and errors in their kitchen Coach’s Oats was created. Years later, Coach’s Oats oatmeal is still the same reinvented whole grain oatmeal that Coach and Bonnie created in their kitchen.
- Steel cut oats tend to have lower glycemic index rating than traditional rolled oats. The glycemic index rates carbohydrate foods on how quickly they increase blood glucose levels 2-3 hours after they are eaten. The lower or longer they take to be used the better.
Who’s tried Coach’s before? I recently had my first taste and I’m not sure I’ll ever go back to old fashioned!