Yet another presentation from FitBloggin’10! Watch Getting Noticed: How to Pitch to Traditional Media below…
Finally the Making Money From Your Blog: Should You? Could You? How?. Sorry for the video quality. I’m working on getting transcripts. Stay Tuned!
So sorry for out lack of updates. The FitBloggin’ camp has been busy as we start to make decisions for next year. Look for post by the end of June with some exciting FitBloggin’11 updates… In the meantime please enjoy another presentation from FitBloggin’10.
May I present… Using Social Media to Reach Goals: The Power of an Online Community. A fascinating discussion from some of the best online community builders I know.
Connecting with people who share our viewpoints, can support us through challenges and cheer us on — well, that’s the reason we all blog, right? And that’s certainly what events like Fitbloggin’ are all about.
But there’s a a fine line between community and clique, and recently it seems more and more bloggers are finding themselves left out and feeling vulnerable. Take a look at some of the comments made during a recent Fitblog Chat on Twitter: Read the rest of It’s FitBloggin’ not CliqBloggin’!»»
Did you miss Jim Doran‘s presentation WordPress from .com to Self Hosted: An in Depth look into one of the Most popular Blogging Software out there. No fear we have it here…
FitBloggin’ is proud to welcome it’s first guest poster and we are more then ecstatic that it’s Pastaqueen, AKA Jennette Fulda. Jennette is the author of “Half-Assed: A Weight-Loss Memoir,” which chronicles her 200 pound weight loss, as well as the forthcoming “Chocolate and Vicodin: My quest for relief from the headache that wouldn’t go away.” She blogs at PastaQueen and designs web sites at Make My Blog Pretty.
If you’ve ever tried to lose weight, you’ve probably tried the usual tricks like eating less and moving more, but have you tried blogging? Typing doesn’t burn many calories, but blogging can provide accountability and support which are a helpful part of any weight-loss plan. Here are some tips for how to become involved in the healthy living blogosphere: Read the rest of Keyboard cardio: How to start a healthy living blog»»
Crab a cup of coffee, or if you are like me, tea and check out all the wonderful posts from FitBloggin’ Attendees!
- Eat Well with Janel – I Love FitBloggin!
- Fitbloggin Fun, Sponsored By Funky Glasses
- SavvyEat – Fitbloggin’, Day 2
- Katy Widrick – #Fitbloggin’: Best Conference Ever
- Dear Roni,
- A Great FitBloggin’ Event
- Low… and behold!’s Fitbloggin’ 10: The Finale
- Missy Maintains – FitBloggin!!
- Dining and Dishing -
Fit Bloggin ‘10
- Skinny Sushi -
FitBloggin Day 2 & 3
- PastaQueen – FitBloggin’ 10 – We love it here in Baltimore
- Daily Moderation – FitBloggin’ Part Dos
- EatingBirdFood – Fit Bloggin from Day to Night
- Our first Conference -Fitbloggin and 5k run
- fitbloggin’ notsomuch fatbloggin’?
- Sweet and Fit – FitBloggin ‘10
- Loser for L ife – Star-struck At FitBloggin: Part I – FitBloggin: Part II
- Crunches for Cupcakes – FitBloggin’
- The silly side of Fitbloggin.
- POM Wonderful at FitBloggin ‘10
- POM Wonderful and FitBloggin’
- AJ Loves to Lose – Fitbloggin RULES!
- Whi ts Getting Fit – Fitbloggin: The Conference
- Joggers Life – Fitbloggin’ Recap
- Jim Doran’s Notes on FitBloggin’
- Run Girl Run – FitBloggin’ Recap
- Run Eat Repeat -
Off to Fitbloggin -
My day at Fitbloggin -
Foods of Spring and Fitbloggin Recap
- Cashews and Hummus – Welcome, to Fit Bloggin’ 2010! – Blogging from Breakfast – Fit Bloggin’ Awesomeness
- Healthy Tipping Point – Fit Bloggin’ Welcome Party – Fit Bloggin’ 5K Race Recap – Fit Bloggin’ Conference Recap
- Geek Turned Athlete -
FitBloggin’ Conference Recap
- Around the World in 340 Days – Lordy Baltimore & FitBloggin’ 2010 the video!
- Anna – Blue Plate Special
- Katie @ HWS – FitBloggin’ Recap!
- Katie (Sweet Tater) – Fitbloggin Cocktail Party & Fitbloggin 5K
- JBS – Pics from Baltimore
- Fitbloggin’10 Bloggers take Baltimore!
- Lessons Learned at Fitbloggin’: 5 Important Takeaways From a Social Media PR Perspective
- Fitbloggin, Purple Turtles, Blogs, Accessibility and Search Engine Optimization: Dispelling the Myths.
- WordPress from .com to Self Hosted: An in-depth look at the most popular Blogging Software on the Web
- Don’t write about junk science: How to critically evaluate research
- MizFit’s Muscles in Minutes – MizFit’s Muscles in Minutes (THE VIDEO!)
I’m so sorry if I missed you. It’s been really hard keeping up! Please add you FitBloggin’ link below using the Mr. Linky.
Feel Free to put a descriptive “name” in the name field. Not like me, with a simple “Roni.” That’s not too descriptive but hey.. I had to test it, right?
There we are! The whole FitBloggin’10 clan!
Am I allowed to say OMG here on the FitBloggin blog? Oh well.. I just did and I’ll do it again.
How fun was today? I still have a smile on my face and I’m sitting in the hotel room in my PJs with my mom.
I have SO much I want to jam pack in this post but I’m gonna try to keep it short mostly because I need sleep before yoga tomorrow!
- I MUST first thank the Wellington group, the volunteers, and the speakers. I appreciate all the Thank You’s but FitBloggin would and could NOT have happened without them. Please pass on the appreciation. They all did a STELLAR job!
- Videos of the sessions! YES they will be available online in approximately 3 weeks. I will keep you posted. Please check back here for updates.
- Photographs from the official FitBloggin photographer, Carrie D Photography, are available on Flickr. They will be updated and added to today and tomorrow so keep an eye out! Click here to check them out!
- LINKS! I want you to leave any and all your FitBloggin links here in the comments. I will gather and organize them for a post here on FitBloggin so we can see the conference through each others eyes.
Ok, I’m going to bed. Dude.. I’m TIRED!
We will post post-conference info, pictures, and more here after the conference!
Just a reminder… Registration begins at 5PM in the Harborside Foyer of the Marriott! Come early and avoid the lines! See you tonight at the reception!
There seems to be a lot of chatter about what to wear to FitBloggin’ and I’m happy to say… whatever you want! Anyone who knows me knows I LIVE in jeans. I never planned for the cocktail reception to be a formal event. However, that does not mean you can’t dress up if you’d like. Wear what you are comfortable in.
During the conference we will have some opportunities to MOVE. Between MizFit’s Muscle in Minutes and a few vendors having Wii tryouts you’ll want to wear something you can move in. Again, if you want to.
Me? I’ll be in.. yup.. you guessed it… Jeans.
WHAT? you say. But Thought you were sold out. Think again!
After reviewing our resources and space I’m happy to report we were able to open 10 more tickets!
Our apologies for the late notice!
The easiest and cheapest way to get to the hotel from the airport is via SuperShuttle. It’s $13.00 on way if you reserve ahead of time on their website by clicking here. The Marriott is listed as one of their hotel destinations. Simply search for Courtyard Marriott Inner Harbo.
And be sure to use the code PGRV7 for $2 off! Thanks @amnichols for finding that!
Don’t forget we kick off the conference Friday evening at 6:30 with a POM Wonderful Cocktail Reception Hosted by POM Wonderful!
We will also be opening registration at 5PM. More details on specific locations coming soon and of course check the schedule!