Diana Stewart went from failing her first Zumba instructor audition to now leading the development and refinement of the same company’s instructor training program. In October 2014, she even won the Charlotte, NC, Creative Loafing Best of Charlotte Critic’s Choice Best Zumba Teacher award. To make the leap, she did (and still does) a lot of self-analysis and hard work to constantly improve her skills. She has used her company’s best practices, lessons learned from her mentors, continual training, and her own experience to refine her instruction, as well as mentor the company’s new instructors who have joined over the past four years.
And now she’ll be sharing her tips at FitBloggin’!
This discussion will focus on:
- Cueing, Mirroring, Breakdowns: Basics to help lead your class with confidence.
- Engaging Your Class: Ways you can engage with your class, even if you’re shy or an introvert.
- How to Build a Class from the Ground Up: How to get a class going when you’re starting from scratch.
- Redefining Success: How to measure yourself in a way that leads to positivity and confidence.
- Top 5 Key Qualities of a Great Fitness Instructor: What makes a great fitness instructor.
- Extras: From challenges to motivational workshops, bonuses you can offer your participants to provide the best possible experience, including a discussion on intrinsic vs. extrinsic rewards.
Diana will share tips and experiences and engage the session attendees to share their ideas and stories. Session attendees will leave feeling inspired and with ideas on ways to jump into being a new fitness instructor or to improve their skills and classes.
Let’s help each other be the best fitness instructors we can be!
(This session is for veteran fitness instructors and those aspiring to instruct.)